Women’s Junior World Championship Slovenia 2022: Angola qualifies for the 1/4 finals and makes history!
It is without any doubt, an historical qualification for Angola that has just positioned itself in the quarterfinals, achieving the best performance of its history in an IHF Women’s Junior World Championship, but also obtaining the best final position of the history for an African team in the competition in spite of its defeat against Germany (20:32). This is a real pride for the whole African continent!
Their 11-goal victory over the Czech Republic, (35:24), was decisive in securing their place among the top eight teams at Slovenia 2022. On Thursday, June 30, it is against the Netherlands that they will try to keep their place in the adventure.
The other African representatives Egypt, Tunisia and Guinea, will have less luck and will play the classification matches.
- Netherlands vs Angola (16:15 GMT)
- Germany vs Sweden (18:30 GMT)
- Norway vs Switzerland (16:15 GMT)
- Hungary vs Denmark (18:30 GMT)
Placement Matches 13/16
- France vs Egypt (12:00 GMT)
- Tunisia vs Slovenia (14:00 GMT)
Placement Matches 21-24
- Guinea vs Lithuania (12:30 GMT)
- Brazil vs Austria 10:0 (withdrawal)